Voice-of-the-Customer (VoC) and Voice-of-the-Employee (VoE) programs are extremely important to your experience building success because it gives you the much needed measurement of your experience and ongoing experience building efforts. The value of gathering guest feedback, information analysis, the resulting process and experience changes and performance monitoring is immeasurable. This is where you can better understand and influence the loyalty drivers of your employees and guests by engaging them in the very process of experience design.
Can You Handle The Truth?
When was the last time you wished someone would have cared enough to engage you instead of you having to engage them or you simply decided it wasn’t worth the effort?
When was the last time someone asked you how they could serve your needs better – then actually did it?
When was the last time you felt that someone truly cared enough about you and your business – no matter how much or little it was?
So imagine for a minute that you were actually more engaged with each and every guest to the point that they felt you cared more than anyone else.
Don’t you think they would be truly loyal? And consistently loyal? And more likely to recommend you to their friends, family and colleagues (and heaven forbid – total strangers!)?
That’s what VoG ensures.
VoG has a two-pronged strategy.
- We help you with gaining the most crucial guest feedback to measure and analyze guest perceptions about their experience with you.
- We Coach you and your staff on how to better align your operations with those guest expectations so that you can create a valuable and differentiated guest experience.
How Do We Do That?
VoG incorporates several elements of the most effective and widely used Voice of the Customer (VoC) models (we refer to them as Voice of the Guest or VoG) in order to get an urgent yet realistic picture of both guest satisfaction with and their loyalty to your business from their experience(s) with you.
We then use the VoG information to create an action plan for you to innovate your systems and process to align your business with the expectations of your guests as well as a plan to facilitate and support more and deeper word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM) efforts. We believe that because it is vital to measure the likelihood that a guest would refer your business to someone in their social sphere of influence, that it is one of the most significant metrics that can be utilized in the foodservice and hospitality business that measures loyalty and at the same time, focuses on the only area where sustainable, long-term and profitable growth can be achieved – the guest experience.
We do this by leveraging the feedback we gather from literally hundreds of contacts with your actual guests to create the necessary programs and systems for you to be able to maintain your business’ focus on the guest and improve in every area that has both a direct and indirect impact on the guest experience.
- ENGAGE We contact the guest by phone in order to gauge their experience, and we make sure to do so before their next visit — we don’t wait until the next day. This ensures fresh, honest feedback.
- LISTEN Next we engage the guest with the VoG survey and aggregate their answers to get a clear picture of their level of loyalty.
- ACT We collate the information we get from your guests and create both weekly- and period -based Trend Reports that outline those ideas that have been most emphasized by your guests from both the positive and negative perspectives. We then create and hold a weekly Coaching session with you and your team to develop and refine your guest experience strategy. We also incorporate a real-time alert feature that notifies you or your unit manager of negative experiences as soon as we encounter them so that you can engage with the guest on your level and begin your own recovery process.
- In-depth Guest Surveys.
- Voice of the Employee [VoE]
- Competitor Surveys
- Toll Free Guest Comment Lines
Other responsibilities can be included in any program and their cost consideration should be included in addition to that program’s base cost. (i.e. additional information portal(s) built to gather more information about each guest than is included in each base program, creation and distribution of contact forms or electronic data capture systems to facilitate the necessary information gathering to be successful in any program, on-site visits, etc…)
Latest Thinking From…How We See It
- Successful Experience
“Our history with Jeffrey began by hiring him to negotiate a restaurant lease for us, we were so impressed by his knowledge and no-nonsense approach that we hired him to be our consultant which has helped us in too many ways to measure! I would and do recommend Jeffrey to anyone! Except my competition =)” ~ Ted Dorr, Pres. Double D's Pizza
- Creative Foodservice Solutions
" We needed a different direction for our employee foodservice operations. Jeffrey was able to work with our operator and create the best concept we could have hoped for - improving employee morale immensely. I have since recommenced him to all of our facility managers." ~ Joe Kincaid, Xerox Corp Foodservice