The ongoing training and coaching programs and processes offered by most operators we have worked with around the world, were found to be either extremely weak or non-existent. So based on that need, we have created HospitalityCamp™ to help provide restaurant & hotel operators with an ongoing coaching and training solution. This will help you raise the performance levels of your team and thus their ability to lead and manage the business to higher levels of success.
These training and coaching programs are designed specifically for regional/multi-unit managers, unit managers or staff. Each program can be brought to your location or you can send your team to ours. Making it both easy and cost-effective.
We will be constantly updating and adding programs as we grow the program. However, if you don’t see what you need or want, just call us and we can design and execute a program built to address you specific needs, to be delivered by us at your site. No other company or offering makes it this easy to provide your team or staff, affordable and powerfully effective training and coaching solutions.
These week long session will be held at your location at any time and are designed to fit your individual company’s needs and goals.
MIT also includes 3 months of ongoing Coaching for all managers after the initial Coaching week.
SHG® can also customize and build a workshop to your specific needs and business goals.
It’s simple: Sales generate hotel revenue. But if you’re like many owners and GMs, you may not invest the time, or are not sure how, to proactively evaluate and manage sales skills on a regular basis. Complacent sales efforts result in gradual revenue loss that can be difficult to recapture.
Overcome over-saturation and intense competition with effective sales management that produces continuous revenue streams for your hotel. We specialize in:
- Analyzing the hotel’s current mix of business and assisting the sales team to identify the most profitable guests for your hotel
- Evaluating sales and negotiation skills across the entire sales process
- Ensuring that the sales team is aggressively targeting the right customers and continually identifying new pieces of business
- Training the sales team to identify key decision makers and move the sales process forward.
Not too long ago marketing was based on newspaper and print ads, phone book listings and television commercials. Today, people increasingly want more information and faster. They go straight to the Internet from desktops, lap tops and mobile devices. Social media is not a fad. It is a shift in the way we communicate with each other both personally and professionally.
We can help you develop a customized social media strategy that will:
- Engage, develop and grow relationships with your current and potential guests which will lead to increased market share, customer loyalty and increased revenues
- Navigate the social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Create brand and property awareness
- Allow for better service recovery and guest retention, and
- Help your recruiting and employee retention efforts
The trick to achieving maximum profitability is to obtain a greater share of the business that is out there. By focusing on the right mix for sales growth (transient, group, locally negotiated, contract, extended stay, etc.), your hotel can emerge as the leader in your market.
After identifying and analyzing your current base of business, we’ll teach your sales team to:
- Find new business and make creative sales calls that will help procure and solidify long-term business
- Examine your hotel’s rate structure and unique selling features so that your sales team can promote your hotel’s competitive advantages and identify ways to overcome common objections
- Analyze your hotel’s competitive set to uncover their rate structure, customer base, strengths and weaknesses-then show how to outsell them
Frequently, hotels commit their limited marketing budget to initiatives that don’t generate the necessary, or deserved, return on the investment. An extensive review of your hotel’s marketing plan will give your property an immediate competitive advantage.
We will train your managers to utilize more in-depth analysis of your marketing efforts that will allow you to positively impact your bottom line.
- Evaluate your current mix of collateral, sales agreements, advertisements and promotional material to make sure you’re putting the most dollars behind what is most effective
- Analyze your public relations initiatives to help maximize visibility through media coverage
- Determine how to effectively navigate through intermediaries and Internet marketing strategies, including web 2.0
- Pre-Opening Sales Strategies
- Revenue Management
- Feasibility Studies
- Event Management
- Culture & Staff Leadership
- ..and more.
FOHCamp™ offers some the most intense and effective Hospitality Programs available anywhere in the world. Most come with your choice of either a Coaching or Consulting option. This gives you the most flexibility in deciding which option suits your needs most effectively.
FOH Camp™ [Fron-of-the-House] Hospitality Training Programs include:
- FOHCUS™ Training
- Staffing, Training & Retention
- Service and Hospitality
- Management Coaching
- BEV Camp™ Customized Beverage Programs
- Operational Systems Implementation & Cost Controls
- Labor Management
- Much more…
BOHCamp™ offers some the most cutting edge Restaurant & Hospitality Culinary Programs available anywhere in the world. Most come with your choice of either a Coaching or Consulting option. This gives you the most flexibility in deciding which option suits your needs most effectively.
BOH Camp™ [Back-of-the-House] Culinary Programs include:
- Menu Development & Engineering
- Menu Pricing Strategies
- Systems & Procedures
- Inventory Management
- Cost Controls
- Staff Training Programs
- Vendor Relations & Programs
- Product Sourcing and Vendor Negotiations
- BOH Design
- Menu Design
TOHCamp™ Program is the innovative solution you want when you need to give your management team the best tools available so that they can execute at a much higher level than they ever have before.
TOH Camp™ [Top-of-the-House] Management & Leadership Programs include:
- New Startups
- Operations Manuals
- Systems & Procedures
- P&L Audit/Calibration
- Accounting/Restaurant Chart of Accounts Creation
- One-On-One Coaching
- Management Audit
- Retail Sales
- Labor/Scheduling/Cost Controls
- Shift Management Plans
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Manpower Planning Process
- 90-Day Action Plans For Each Manager
- Cost-Control Dashboard
- R&M Schedule
- Much, much more.
SHG® offers a week long M.I.T [Manager-in-Training] program for operators who need to give their managers a powerful immersion into the basics of restaurant operations. We’ll cover everything from attracting “A” level talent to cost controls to shift management and more.
- Shift Management
- Financial Controls/P&L
- Equipment/Physical Plant
- Social Business
- Position Training
- Specific Issues Related To Your Business & More
BEV Camp™ is the Summers Hospitality Group® Beverage Program for operators who need a complete beverage program from recipes, systems and procedures, to operational planning and support.
The goal is to build a highly profitable beverage program, both alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic, that supports the business goals and objectives of the brand.
It includes everything that we determine needs to be in place in order to achieve your goals for the program. Things such as:
- systems & procedures
- training & coaching
- concept creation
- equipment and supplies management
- labor & cost controls
- inventory management
- much, much more.