We. take your online privacy very seriously. We will never disclose any of your personal information without your consent unless required by law. Here are the ways we may gather and use your information:
Subscription Lists & Email Addresses
We record information about how people access this website. This includes your IP address, your browser, your operating system, how you came to the website, and any external links you click to leave the website.
Any emails sent to any email address that include any form of the ‘@shgww.com’ ‘@shgww.com’ or ‘@shgemail.com’ ending are considered property of Summers Hospitality Group®®. We will always try to get your permission before publishing anything you’ve written in an email, and we will take precautions to protect your identity when sharing your email on the website. We will not share your email address unless you ask us to – only the content of the email itself.
Comments left on the website are the responsibility of the commenter. We reserve the right to remove comments or edit them due to errors. We will not censor your comments, but we do attempt to screen for spam. Any comment that may be considered spam will be deleted without explanation. If your comment is deleted erroneously, please contact us. If you leave your email address or any personal information in a comment, it is completely public and we are not responsible for anything that happens with that information. Use your discretion when leaving comments.
SHG® Forums & Groups
1. No posting of overt advertisements for your products or services are allowed. All posts of this nature will be deleted without notice. This includes any article that is deemed to be simply an advertisement for your products or services posted under the guise of informing members about their benefits or features affecting an issue or topic in discussion.
2. No posting of discussion material that takes the member off the discussion page to read an article, post or other information.
3. No ad hominem attacks or posting of any material deemed offensive. [Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to invalidate their argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but apparent character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions.]
4. Violation of any of these rules may result in your membership being revoked without warning or notice.
6. No posting of copyrighted material of which you are not the author or are not the authorized person with authority to distribute or share such material.
7. No posting of material soliciting members to join another group similar to this one.
8. Do not post solicitations for members to contact you “offline”. If you provide a higher degree of thinking, discussion or engagement of the issue(s), they can easily see the value of contacting you and act on it on their own.
9. Please keep each discussion focused on a single issue. This facilitates in the search of and access to issues by those members who are searching just for input into that specific issue, without having to filter through comments unrelated to their search or their need.
10. Violation or abuse of any group rule(s) is now considered grounds for deletion from LinkedIn. Violators or abusers of any rule will be submitted to LinkedIn on a case by case basis.
The purpose of our forums and groups is to facilitate the open discussion of issues pertaining to the restaurant and hospitality industries. For the benefit of all members, many of whom may have the same question or opportunity, all discussions and posts need to remain inside the forum for which they were intended. This permits the easy access and searching of those issues by anyone seeking input on those issues.
Our website contains many links to external websites. We cannot vouch for the reliability or privacy policies of those websites due to the nature of the Internet. We always attempt to screen websites for quality and trustworthiness, but please use caution if you decide to give any personal information to a website you visit through one of our links.