This is a private, ongoing, One-On-One Coaching Program with me, Jeffrey Summers, one of the hospitality industries few and most highly respected Business Coaches, solely dedicated to helping Restaurant & Hotel Owners, Operators and Managers.
What good is a program if it doesn’t help/move/motivate/inspire you to get things done? This program will do that – IF you’re ready to make the commitment to working on your business and not merely in your business. Then I will Coach you to achieve your business goals!
I don’t think your goal is to spend a small fortune on books, tapes and manuals, then let them sit on your bookshelf collecting dust. So I don’t sell you a book of systems and forms. I Coach you on how to get things done in your business – how to execute on a daily basis in order to achieve the success you want. Plus, I give you (read free!) the operational systems as a part of your Coaching experience.
We create value two ways:
1. I personalize the Coaching experience for you, your staff and your business. This isn’t cookie cutter or lowest common denominator stuff, we take an honest and realistic look at you and your business – where both are at today.
Then we work towards taking you to the next level by using real-world, proven, get-it-done systems and processes used by some of the most successful restaurant businesses in the world. Big or small, new, old or anything in between – makes no difference.
2. We focus on innovating your business and your thinking – not solely on solving problems. We do this because solving problems does nothing but get you back to the same level of execution you were at before you encountered the problem. Innovation is what propels you forward.
3.Keep Costs Low
We also think you should be able to know – up front – what the ROI will be. Our goal is always to achieve a 1,000% ROI for you and your business. We believe in this so much, we put in it our guarantee!
We will cover the multitude of areas that are huge opportunities waiting for you to take advantage of, all in a single Coaching package.
Why? Because you shouldn’t have to pay thousands of dollars to learn about a single segment of this business ( i.e. food cost, beverage cost, marketing, menus, etc…) then have to do it all over again when you encounter or want to grow into another segment (i.e. catering, 2nd stores, retail, etc… ).
Business Coaching is an eclectic mix of strategic planning, skill development and leadership training that helps individuals and organizations develop more rapidly and produce more sustained results. As a result of coaching, clients set better goals, take more action, make better decisions, and more fully use their natural strengths.
Professional coaches are trained to listen and observe, to customize their approach to the individual client’s needs, and to elicit solutions and strategies from the client. They believe that the client is naturally creative and resourceful and that the coach’s job is to provide support to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that the client already has. While the coach provides feedback and an objective perspective, the client is responsible for taking the steps to produce the results he or she desires.
“No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn in order to achieve our goals.” –Brian Tracy
Just as sports figures such as Tiger Woods or Fortune 500 Company executives have a Coach to help them and their teams achieve their best, a Business Coach helps you achieve your peak performance as a Business Owner, Operator or Manager.
Coaching is professional and personal development to promote continuous growth and strength in both you and your business. It’s about creating inspiration and success in your business, and as a natural extension, your whole life.
It also helps you to move forward: clarifying your goals, creating a strategy for completing those goals, and having a support framework in place to lead you towards a more successful life. It’s about achieving more, in less time.
- The upfront fees help distinguish between those who are serious about their business and are easily recouped through increased sales, lower operating costs and smoother operations. I only want to work with dedicated owners who have a burning desire to succeed in their business and their lives!
- The programs run in six month intervals. If multiple intervals are booked, discounts can be obtained. Details on discounted options are noted in Summers Hospitality Group® Payment & Expense Guidelines.
- Once payment is made we will set up an initial phone conversation to discuss your particular needs and how best to proceed. Unless you utilize the “Free Consultation” I provide for us to talk about your specific opportunity.
- You and I will reach a mutual decision as to whether the program is right for you through this initial phone conversation. If it is, we begin with my studying your current situation, expectations, and fundamental value propositions. We then establish our mentoring goals. Some people call me daily, some weekly, some monthly. Some visit, others don’t. The frequency and style are totally up to you.
- Each SHG® Coaching program is then designed specifically by you and I together, in order to meet your unique situation and goals. I don’t follow a “little rule book” or make assumptions about your needs based on other Coaching program participants and their businesses.
- In any option, non-appointed additional calls are returned within 90 minutes and email within the same day. Conventional mail, courier packages, and faxes are reviewed and replied to within 24 hours of receipt.
- Remember, this program is ideal for people who need situational, rapid, objective help from one of the top Business Coaches in the country and/or those who are seeking long range assistance with business or career development plans.
- You will never deal with anyone other than myself in this confidential program.
- You will also receive 30 days of FREE follow-up, just to make sure you are doing as good as when I left you.
As your Coach, I will maintain your confidentiality to the full extent allowed by law. I honor your confidence, and do not discuss our Coaching sessions with others. All of us agree to a foundation of honesty, trust and respect, and understand that your ultimate well-being is the central focus of the Coaching relationship.
I was asked the other day about the importance of providing ever increasing levels of value to clients especially during a recession while not raising prices. My answer was that Coaching provides the greatest ROI compared to any other means of process improvement. This is why I have engineered my Coaching Programs to provide as close to a minimum of a 1,000% ROI as I can and why this is the absolute perfect time to put a plan together to increase your profits and market share utilizing one of the best. See the Summers Hospitality Group® Guarantee for details about why we guarantee a 1,000% ROI.
Sales Building: The ultimate ways of building your business – through building top-line sales – by utilizing a combination of better management of the business as well as better and smarter marketing. Topics have included; database marketing, strategic Marketing approaches, Marketing Plans, WOMM, advertising and PR, promotions, Food R&D, guest interactions, Sales Programs, Catering etc…
Cost Containment: We discuss ways, given your business model, that you can improve your cost structure and create ways to realize more profit from your top-line sales. Topics have included; menu engineering, COGS, Occupancy costs, Leases (negotiating and re-negotiating), New Store Opening Planning and execution, productivity, Labor Costs, menu planning and production, etc.. Basically any P&L line item!
Operations: These topics cover the actual day-to-day operations and how to lead your staff, managers and yourself better in order to realize smoother operations while having more fun in the process. Topics have included; opening your second unit, utilizing a systems approach to Operational Management, Staffing and HR issues, site selection, building and design, running smoother shifts, Leases, Hiring Managers and Chefs, Sales building, Cost Control, etc…
Latest Thinking From…How We See It
- Successful Experience
“Our history with Jeffrey began by hiring him to negotiate a restaurant lease for us, we were so impressed by his knowledge and no-nonsense approach that we hired him to be our consultant which has helped us in too many ways to measure! I would and do recommend Jeffrey to anyone! Except my competition =)” ~ Ted Dorr, Pres. Double D's Pizza
- Creative Foodservice Solutions
" We needed a different direction for our employee foodservice operations. Jeffrey was able to work with our operator and create the best concept we could have hoped for - improving employee morale immensely. I have since recommenced him to all of our facility managers." ~ Joe Kincaid, Xerox Corp Foodservice